I have been an Occupational Therapist for over 30 years and have experience of working in the NHS and the Ministry Of Defense.
My OT experience includes:
- Assessment and treatment of patients with complex physical and psychological problems by providing robust clinical reasoning within an MDT model.
- Supporting staff in the treatment of challenging patients.
- Running groups for patients – providing education and peer support.
- Recruiting, supervising and managing a team of 35 OT’s, ensuring their professional and personal needs were met.
- Training OT’s and other members of the MDT on a variety of topics.
- Management of the OT service, ensuring it met the ever-changing needs of MOD rehabilitation.
- Holding responsibility for Clinical Governance (maintaining standards of practice through audit etc.).
My Therapeutic intervention experience includes:
- Functional assessments following injury/illness.
- Vocational assessments.
- Condition management (CFS, chronic pain).
- Lifestyle management.
- Psycho-social education/support.
- Home assessments (identifying levels of safety/independence).